Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius Reply attributes to limit session timeout and speed in mobility express

karlovalentin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm using an AP 2802e with mobility express 8.8.111, I have a ssid with external web auth using a captive portal (externally hosted).

In this portal users introduce their credentials and the radius server response if they are allowed or not.

This is working perfectly, but now I need to limit the session time and upload/download speeds per user.

When a user is successfully authenticated, the radius reply attributes are as follows

Acct-Interim-Interval = 300

Session-Timeout = 2700

Download = 4096

Upload = 4096

But in the ground this parameters are not being apply by the AP to the clients, seems there's specific vendor reply attributes to define this parameters, but I haven't found any documentation regarding which reply attributes i should have for the mobility express AP, the only ones I've found are for other series of cisco's wlc.

Which attributes should i reply at the moment of authentication or the mobility express hasn't the capability to define timeout and speed based on radius parameters?

I'd really grateful if can point me in the right direction.

thanks

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I moved your discussion to Wireless Security and Network Management as your inquiry is specific to Mobility Express.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Never did that, even less with mobility express.
Check this information for WLC, it might be compatible: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/aaa_administration.html
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card