cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reboot WLC using Cisco Prime

Jay_F
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to reboot a wireless controller in Prime and schedule it to reboot. I know you can go Configuration > Network Devices > Select WLC > Reboot Controller/s - but that doesn't allow me to schedule anything. I was therefore thinking I would have to use some sort of template but not done this before. Can anyone advise?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From Prime :

Configuration / Templates / Features & Technologies

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Jay_F wrote:

Is there a way to reboot a wireless controller in Prime and schedule it to reboot.

Keep it simple:  reset system at <YYYY-MM-DD> <HH:MM:SS> image <no-swap | swap> reset-aps [save-config]

Hi Leo Laohoo, are you able to confirm if I click deploy it will allow to select specific controllers to push the template out to ?

Jay_F
Level 1
Level 1
So by selecting that I get:

#MODE_ENABLE
write memory
#INTERACTIVE
reload <IQ>configuration<R>no<IQ>Proceed<R>yes <timeout>${waittimeout}</timeout>
#ENDS_INTERACTIVE
#MODE_END_ENABLE

Does this apply to a 2504 WLC ? or do I have to amend this to something like: reset system at
Also, slightly confusing, I haven't clicked it yet but there is a 'Deploy' button, do I assume after I click that I can select a specific wireless controller to push this out to - I was concerned it might push a reboot out to all WLC's if I clicked 'Deploy'.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card