Helpful
Replies

Recommended security for 350 Wireless Bridges

pallette
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Aironet 350 Wireless bridges. This is the setup of the bridges

LAN--2950--BR350 -- -- BR350--2950--remote site

What is the recommended security between the bridges. I believe the 350 bridges will not do LEAP while in root bridge mode. I originally had them setup with 128-bit WEP- TKIP/MIC, but when I enable TKIP/MIC I loose IP connectivity. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations??

6 Replies 6

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

for most bridge link 128 bit with MIC and TKIP is more than enough you can also had a MAC address filter for a bit more

If you loose connection with MIC and TKIP that points to another problem what version of firmware is on both bridges ?

David

I am running 12.03T on both bridges. When I set MIC to MMH and TKIP to Cisco, I immediately loose IP connectivity between the bridges. Is there other settings that must be used in conjuction with MIC/TKIP that I have missed?

I am getting a bridge link up now, and both bridges have MIC/TKIP enabled. The only piece of the puzzle that is missing from previous attempts to get this to work is the remote bridge is not physically connected to a 2950 switch.

I have 2 350 bridges. I have loaded the newest Firmware, but do not see anywhere in the screens where I can select MIC / TKIP?? where in the config screens for the 350 is this located???

Navigate to the Setup page (HTTP) the select the Advanced setting for the radio. 3/4 down the page you should see the setting for TKIP and MIC

thanx

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card