Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove SSID fixes the problem

tpahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

We have company laptops that are using Peap to connect to the corporate Wireless network. Recently we are getting a lot of tickets where he users are complaining that they can not connect to the wireless network. When I tell them to remove the wireless network from their laptop(windows 10 and 7) their laptop connects to the SSID after relearning it.

Any ideas why such a thing is happening. Mutiple laptops and multple locations running different version of windows are complaining about the same problem and removing the SSID from the known list fixes the problem.

Helpful post will be rewarded.

3 Replies 3

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Check on the server that is hosting your RADIUS services and see if the certificate was recently updated. If it was, that could explain why this is happing especially if you don't use auto-enrollment to your corporate end devices.

Bernhard82
Level 1
Level 1

can you check the logs on the RADIUS server for a recent client that has having this issue?

Thanks for the help. I look at the NPS server for logs and could not find anything. Also I verified the certificate on the NPS Server and it is valid. Very strange the PEAP wll not work and then all of a sudden i delete the profile and learn from the network, it will connect.

what is so special that happens when you create a new 802.1x profile. Other SSIDs not using 802.1x work fine no problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card