Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing MAC from Disabled Clients List

stivasonm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been using a CIsco WLC 4400 the past year.  The version is 4.2.173.0.  Over the past month I have started to block equipment I do not want on the wireless network by MAC address in teh disabled clients list.  So far I have 201 devices.  The problem is when I need to take one of those devices off of the disabled clients list it will only show me the first 80 clients.  I do not have a WCS program to control more aspects of this wireless control module.  When I try to download it, I must have a service agreement (which I do not have and do not plan to purchase).  Does anyone know if there is a work around to getting to the rest of the list of disabled MAC's?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

3 Replies 3

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like this bug:

CSCtb27192 WLC GUI Client Disabled List Truncated

The WLC disabled client list is truncated in the GUI. It only shows 80 entries, with no options for additional pages. The CLI still shows all of the entries.

You can view and remove from the cli though as a workaround.

It looks like they fixed it in the latest wlc code.

rdvorak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mitch,

you could use the WLC CLI to solve your problem...

show exclusionlist  = shows all the blacklisted clients

config exclusionlist {add | delete | description} = add & remove clients

Here also a helpful link --> http://www.my80211.com/cisco-wlc-cli-commands/2010/1/2/wlc-disable-wireless-client-client-exclusion.html

Kind regards,

Ron

Sorry have missed that your question was already answered ;-)

RD, thanks for the reference link 5 STARS...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card