Views
Helpful
Replies

Samsung ALL share for TV on cisco wireless

cisconell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a wireless network implemented and working in the building  with Access point and controller 4404

Now I received a requirement to use "All share samsung software" to controll TV on wireless .

So as per the requirement I connect the TV to SSID and connect my Laptop/iphone to same SID and then I should be able to present pictures or vedios on my

pc/iphone on the TV using the all share software.Will this work as it is  (currently not working ) or Do I need to make any config change on controller or AP to make this work .

Please advice.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Might be the same thing that Apple devices require.... multicast.  Might want to follow this guide to setup multicast if not yet enabled.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24187

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott ,

Never thought about multicast part , Let me check the possibilty of configuring it and will update you all.

You can try to just enable broadcast forwarding to see if that helps first.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Yes Scott , I was about ask you that option first before  multicast

From the reference link

2> Unicast

Unicast is kind of obselete and its just a broadcast and no extra configs are need to be done apart from enabling this mode on the WLC

So what should be specifically configured to enable the  broadcast forwarding , I have WLC 4404.

Is the change to be done only on the WLC , and does this change will have any impact on the current setup

Thanks

It shouldn't impact the current environment. I have clients (hospitals) that had to enable that for certain devices to be able to see each other.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Great Thanks , So hope fully I can try this tomorrow and update you

Let me know.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Scott Fella,

Actually I dint not try the option which have specfied as I dont want to distrub the current infra.

But this time the requirement was achieved by using the adhoc option on the windows 7 to talk to the TV (ad hoc).

If they are not  happy with that , may be  I have to try the one you specified.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card