Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule SSID Availability on 9800L WLC and 9120AX AP

Hi all,

We currently have 9120AX access points deployed managed by a 9800L controller.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to 'schedule' the availability of a particular SSID? We want to broadcast a SSID (and allow users to connect) between certain times each day, and then take it offline.

Is there some way we can do this or would it be a manual process of disabling the interface and stop the broadcast of the SSID?

Regards,

Edouard.

2 Accepted Solutions
9 Replies 9

Hello Leo,

Does it mean that the SSID cannot be turned off on the 9800L after business hours, but I can apply ACL using time ranges.

Please let me know.

Edouard.

There are several options (based on the scenario) to use:
1. Use the time-based ACL to disable/enable site's AP VLAN. This also means that is not possible to disable just one (or a few) VLANs.
2. Use time-based ACL to disable the VLAN of the SSID.

Hi Leo,

Ok, so basically the solution is to use time-based ACL on the 9800-L WC. Hence, the SSID cannot be turned off.

Prime Infrastructure can schedule SSIDs to be disabled/enabled. It is very much like option #2 except using GUI.
This same feature will (future tense) be incorporated in DNAC.
A third option is to use MS AD to schedule when users of a certain OU can login (or not).

I haven't tried it myself but now that 9800 runs IOS-XE you should be able to use KRON or EEM to run a script to disable/enable interface/vlan/wlan at the times of your choosing. Let us know how it works.

Ok, I will let you know how it went.

thiland
Level 3
Level 3

It looks like this is available using Calendar Profiles and attaching it to the policy profile.

See:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/config-guide/b_wl_17_3_cg/m_deny_wireless_client_session_estbl.html

and

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/deployment-guide/c9800-wlan_ssid_availability_configuration_guide.pdf

I don't see the configuration available in the GUI, so might be a CLI-only feature.

Rich R
VIP
VIP
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card