cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security-risk Interferer 'WiFi Invalid Channel' is detected

jliscano
Level 1
Level 1

The past few weeks we started receiving this message from the WCS and it's been pretty frequent.

Message: Security-risk Interferer 'WiFi Invalid Channel' is detected. - Controller Name: xxxxxxxxx

I couldn't find this particular message anywhere on the forums and google.

Any insight is appreciated.

Regards,

Jerome

7 Replies 7

tdorsey123
Level 1
Level 1

I too need to get some more info on this error.  From what I have gathered so far the error is detected by CleanAir and I am guessing is supposed to be highlighting this vulnerability.

http://www.wve.org/entries/show/WVE-2006-0050

In my case I am seeing this error only on one access point out of the 80 in the building which I don't know if that is significant.

I am wondering if there is a non-security/non-critical reason why this alert might crop up.

Update:  Just found this

http://www.cisco.com/web/CA/events/pdfs/CNSF2011-Understanding-CleanAir-Technology-Jim-Florwick.pdf

Page 62 has a couple sentences.

Thanks!  Nice find on the pdf.  I'm also seeing only on 1-2 of our AP's out of 78 as well.

Check, I think this is showing APs that are not on 1,6 and 11 perhaps ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I think it has to do with our freight company neighbors implementing their new RFID since the only AP's reporting this are within its reach.

Thanks!

this links are not helpfull

The ap has detected something using a non-standard channel. You will need a spectrum analyzer to figure out what it causing it.

I hope this helps
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card