cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up NPS with Cisco 4402 Wlan controller.

Kurt Warner
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running a Cisco 4402 Lan controller, I have a Wlan that is running unsecured and i wanted to add a simple web policy log in, so i set up an NPS server on a local DC.  I have the two talking . when i go to login at the web login page I get the Error Login Error. When i look at the NPS logs it says:

"Network Policy Server granted full access to a user because the host met the defined health policy" . So it has to be in my Cisco set up somewhere seems pretty simple, any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.garczynski
Level 1
Level 1

Kurt,

What version of code are you running? Based on the screen shots it looks like it might be a fairly old version. I would attempt to upgrade the code first and see if you have any better luck. You could also attempt to use local authentication for the web auth as a test. If you are able to authenticate using local and not RADIUS I would focus on the NPS configuration. You may also want to run a "debug client {MAC}" on the WLC and see if you get any errors.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.garczynski
Level 1
Level 1

Kurt,

What version of code are you running? Based on the screen shots it looks like it might be a fairly old version. I would attempt to upgrade the code first and see if you have any better luck. You could also attempt to use local authentication for the web auth as a test. If you are able to authenticate using local and not RADIUS I would focus on the NPS configuration. You may also want to run a "debug client {MAC}" on the WLC and see if you get any errors.

i was on firmware version 4.x upgraded to 7.x and it worked perfectly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card