cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up WEP on AP350

mcship
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased Cisco AP350 and I'm wanting to use WEP but when I go to the security--Radio Data Encryption (WEP). I get the following message at the top of the screen "Use of Data Encryption by Stations is: Not Available

Must set an Encryption Key or enable Broadcast Key Rotation first " I then when to Network ports---Ap Radio---advanced and put 900 in the "Broadcast WEP Key rotation interval (sec):" Once I did that I went back to security and the options of "no encryption, optional encryption, and full encryption" were there but when I put in a key it would give me an error message saying it was an invalid field. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?? I don't know if I want to enable the broadcast key rotation or not and I can't find any other location to put in a Encryption key...Thanks in advance.....BMC

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the url which discuss "Configuring WEP" in detail

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/confwep.html

That procedure is known good and lets see it works for you or not..Tejal

WEP Encryption for Aironet 352 using iPAQ

In the ACU there is a setting named WEP

This Setting has Two values

Dissabled and Enabled

Now, I want to know, when enabled . . . .

A: Can it handle 128bit Encryption

B: If not can it Handle 64bit

C: If not what is the point in having WEP

D: If it can, then where do I put my 4 Keys for 64bit or my Hex key for 128bit?

I am pretty sure that I am up-to-date with all the new drivers to the Aironet 352 for the Win CE, and any new firmware for the PMICIA card that I may require.

I have my CEM (Client Encryption Manager) but Any type of password/key I put in here, I always get an error message stating "Please Enter The Correct Password"

Is this where I am to put my Hex keys? Or even a PassPhrase? Yet I have tried both, and still get the same message.

I am puttin the Hex key in, in this format:

112233445566778899AABBCCDD

Is this Correct?

Or does it need to be in a different layout?

All SSID are the same, so there is not a problem there.

Everything works fine untill the WEP is Enabled on the Access Points/Bridges.

If anyone can help me with this, I would be most grateful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card