Views
Helpful
Replies

SHA2 certificates and WebAuth with 7.4 code

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

are SHA2 certificates supported on the 2504 and 5508, the reason is that I am doing WebAuth and the Certificate

I got from GoDaddy was an SHA1 signed by a Root CA (GO Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority Root Certificate) that

is not in the cert root store on the Android phones I am using, these phones only have the GO Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2,

root cert in their certificate store, which only signs certificates as SHA2.

So if I get the certificate reissued will it be accepted by controller

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So the issue was how you initially generated the certificate, or you were just asking but didn't initially try it?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe so. Sha1 as far as I know is the only type supported.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I got the certifcate re-keyed with SHA2, it uploaded fine to controller

and problems went away, So it looks like SHA2 works on WLC2504 with 7.4.100.0

So the issue was how you initially generated the certificate, or you were just asking but didn't initially try it?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I had read SHA2  wasn't supported on WLC so had it signed has SHA1, but Go Daddy SHA1 root wasn't in CTL of phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card