Views
Helpful
Replies

Some clients being excluded / losing connectivity

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with some Apple TVs losing connectivity. They will stay connected and drop at random times - 15 minutes, 2 minutes, 7 hours, etc. I did a few client debugs on the controller (see files attached). It appears that the clients are being disconnected because of an IP address conflict, but the conflict seems to be with the Apple TV itself.

WLC 5508 running code 8.0.133.0, APs are 1141s and 2602s, WLAN is PSK. AP mode is "local."

Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

5 Replies 5

Hi Lisa,

I am having the same problem. My apple tv is at version 7.2.1 and WLC 8.0.133.0 and 7.6. Apple TV has the symptom of loss of IP and in configuration display pops up 0.0.0.0 (intermittent).

Good luck,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I found this link and will be checking with our Apple representative. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but perhaps you should look into it also.

https://9to5mac.com/2013/04/15/apple-says-small-number-of-apple-tvs-have-wifi-issues-opens-replacement-program/

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/15/apple-initiates-replacement-program-for-3rd-generation-apple-tvs-with-wifi-connectivity-issues/

Update: According to several readers, Apple has acknowledged that it initially erred in referring to the character pairs appearing the third and fourth positions of the serial number. The listed pairs would actually occur in the fourth and fifth positions.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

My serial number is not listed.

Thanks,

Marcelo

Hi Lisa,

Good news! solved my problem by enabling the option DHCP Addr. Assignment for Required 

wlan > edit > advanced

DHCP Addr. Assignment (x) Required 

I hope to have helped.

Thanks in advance!

Marcelo Loureiro

That's great news Marcelo! I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem and get it resolved. 

I'm working with Apple to get our 3rd generation Apple TVs repaired / replaced. Because we're past the warranty period, we won't get them exchanged / repaired for free, but at least we know that our problem isn't caused by our wifi configuration.

Lisa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card