cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spectrum Expert detects Xbox

IRA SIBULKIN
Level 1
Level 1

I'm troubleshooting performance issues in the 2.4GHz range.  I have a 3602i running in SE-Connect mode.  Spectrum Expert detects interference from an Xbox controller.  I doubt someone is playing Xbox in their office.  I see the interference day and night.  I'm wondering what other devices have a similar signature.

Thank you,

Ira

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's hard to say.... you alomst need to go there with a spectrum card and detect the source.  I have an Xbox, but that connects to my wireless and doesn't cause interference... its a wireless client.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

While the signatures in SE are reliable in my opinion, but there are times wrong IDs pop up. In the FFT window look at the dBM.. Use that to try and track down the device .. The lower dBM the closer you are .. Normal in the 30's you are right on top of it ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: