cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Certificate for HTTPS for Cisco WLC

ErickBCCNA
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about how to correctly generate a CSR for a SSL certificate that would allow me HTTPS Access to the web interface of the wireless LAN controller.  The documentation I have found online states that the common name needs to be the DNS host name of the virtual interface.  The problem is that I am not trying to generate a CSR for the guest portal. (WebAuth SecureWeb ), I need to generate a CSR for "HTTPS Access" to the web interface of the WLC.  I am confused as to what I should be using for the common name in the CSR. Should it be the DNS name that resolves to IP address used to log into the web interface of the WLC or does it need to be the DNS name of the virtual interface?

Note:  All of the controllers within the mobility group share the same DNS name within the companies DNS infrastructure.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

superego
Level 1
Level 1
Should be the IP Address of the management under Controller>Interfaces. Then the DNS will be whatever WLC System name plus the domain suffix.

Choose CSR WebAdmin in generating CSR.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

superego
Level 1
Level 1
Should be the IP Address of the management under Controller>Interfaces. Then the DNS will be whatever WLC System name plus the domain suffix.

Choose CSR WebAdmin in generating CSR.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card