Helpful
Replies

Suppressing - %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES

nikalleyne
Level 1
Level 1

Morning Guys,

I have a couple of Aironet APs.

Syslog logging level is 6 - Informational.

Is there a way I can suppress these messages "<188>3774: Jun 27 22:55:46.520: %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client xxxx.xxxx.xxxx reached max retries, removing the client" from being sent to my Syslog?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This means its RF related issues (Interference).. here is the link that tells the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a008024aa4f.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/s37err.html

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts that answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hey Surendra,

Thanks for the quick and prompt response. However, I was hoping for a command that disables such notification.

eg . no .....

Is there such a command or do I have to just live with these messages?

Hi,

en

term no mon

conf t

no logging console

exit

This will do it for you in popping up the msgs.. but the logs will have a copy though!!

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

You can also raise the logging level to only show informational but then you are missing other messages too. Not very granular ...

I'm not worried about the messages popping up at the console, so at the console, logging is at debug.

However, for the Sylog it's already at informational.

Surendra,

Your solution also does not address the issue as this basically turns off logging for the console and I'm more concerned about messages going to my SysLog server.

Can this message be turned off like for example, if I don't wish to have link status logging when a link goes up or down on a switch i can say

config t

int fa0/0

no logging event link-status

can I do something similar with these messages?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card