Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to access service-port

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 4402 and recently I have not been able to access the device via the service-port interface. The service-port has an IP Address and it is connected to an access port in the Vlan which I am coming from, however it cannot even ping it's gateway, which as mentioned is within the same network. When I am at the console of the controller I can ping the service-port interface IP that I have assigned, just nothing else. Any ideas?

Thanks      

4 Replies 4

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

Adding a little more info here... When I connect to the switch the service-port is directly connected to I don't even see a mac address on that interface? I would expect to see the mac address that is shown when I type "show interface detailed service-port"... I really want to avoid having to reboot my controller, but unless someone has some ideas I believe I'm going to be forced to do just that.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

are the service port getting dhcp ip.

There is no port summary or stats available for service port on wlc.

connect a PC directly to the service port with wireshark running and try pinging the pc from WLC and vice versa.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. While waiting I had already connected a laptop to the service-port with an IP one away from that which was statically assigned to the service-port port. The controller till does not respond, and you cannot ping the laptop from the controller, or vice-versa. Any other ideas?

did you try changing cable.

display -> WLC>show interface summary

connect service port to dhcp server and see what happens.

WLC>debug dhcp service-port enable

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card