cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to update Cisco AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 from 8-5-140-0 to AIR-AP2800-K9-ME-8-8-125-0

Robbie2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Recently purchased AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 but have been unable to update the firmware in preloading stage from 8.5.140.0 to 8.8.125.0. 

I have attempted this from both tftp web gui and CLi but both fail and each time. The msglog reports :-
%CAPWAP-3-PRED_ERR3: capwap_ac_img_dwnld.c:1697 AP5C5A.C7B8.7448: Curl returned error code= 28 , err_string: Timeout was reached

I have also seen log entries like

%UPDATE-3-FLASH_SEM_GIVE_FAIL: updcode.c:9146 Failed to release the flash semaphore. rc = 1, type = 0, file type = 41. file = AIR-AP2800-K9-ME-8-8-125-0/

Could it be I have to install any prerequisites but looking at the release notes of the new version I should be able update.

Is there anything I've missed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This was due to a remote tftp connection that time out, I created a local tftp server and it worked perfectly, 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robbie2
Level 1
Level 1

I have just witnessed it reach 94% then restart with the Web Gui reporting Server Not reachable. So it looks like its dropping out. If this is true. I will post back. 

This was due to a remote tftp connection that time out, I created a local tftp server and it worked perfectly, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card