Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco 3310 MSE

CSCO11762090
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade a Cisco 3310 MSE with IOS: "CISCO-MSE-L-K9-6-0-105-0-64bit.bin.gz".

MSE current version: 5.2.91.0

WLC is in : 6.0.200.10

WCS: 6.0.196.0

I wanted to know if all the version are compatible between thes equipement (WLC, WCS and MSE)?

I looked to "Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.pdf" but nothing about WLC version 6.0.200.10.

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Release notes of MSE 6.0.105 state that it supports WCS 6.0.196. that's good

WLC 6.0.200.10 is not mentioned anywhere since it's an engeneering release. You should have gotten the proper warnings when it was published to you (normally), so it can't be in any document since it's a kind of beta version.

The thing is that 6.0.200.10 should work like a charm with your WCS and MSE but it hasn't been officially thoroughly tested and thus is not in any official document. But "it should just work".

Nicolas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Release notes of MSE 6.0.105 state that it supports WCS 6.0.196. that's good

WLC 6.0.200.10 is not mentioned anywhere since it's an engeneering release. You should have gotten the proper warnings when it was published to you (normally), so it can't be in any document since it's a kind of beta version.

The thing is that 6.0.200.10 should work like a charm with your WCS and MSE but it hasn't been officially thoroughly tested and thus is not in any official document. But "it should just work".

Nicolas

Thanks for your answer Nicolas.

I will post a feedback when done.

CSCO11762090
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Upgrade was done and it's working.

Now I have another problem with the licence MSE when I attempt to reinstall it, this message appear: "Platform UDI doesn't match licensing file UDI".

Actually there is a temporary licence of 60 days.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card