Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to OpenSSL version to 0.9.8q or later on CT2504-WLC

We had a finding as part of Vulnerability scanning of WLC - Upgrade to OpenSSL version to 0.9.8q or later on CT2504-WLC

Please let me know, if below command will be workaround for this vulnerability. Also, please let me know, will there be any production impact if this command is applied  & is it required to reboot WLC after applying this command.

"config network secureweb cipher-option high enable"

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

By using this command which will enables/requires TLS 1.2 support on the internal controller. By defult (disbaled) use TLS version 1.0.

As per my experiences it will not impact your production..

Just for your Info: It will force the web server to use TLS 1.2. Without the above command the internal web server would use TLS 1.0 which would cause it to be blocked.

YES you nee dto reboot the WLC after enabling it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What Sandeep writes, plus make sure that you are running an up to date software version on the WLC, as bugs will be fixed inside those updates. Just make sure you stay on a version which supports your APs.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card