cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use 9800 SSID Name in ISE policy

dcarrion
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use filter on the SSID Name on my ISE policies on 9800 WLC.  I see in the ISE live logs that there is a AV-Pair sent called cisco-wlan-ssid.  I do not see that as a dictionary object that I can write a condition for.  What is the VSA AV-Pair number of cisco-wlan-ssid so I can either add it to ISE (running 2.6) or any other suggestions.

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @dcarrion 

There is a Normalised RADIUS attribute in ISE called "Normalised Radius SSID" that you should use for this.

Behind the scenes it looks at the RADIUS attribute called Called-Station-ID, which normally contains the SSID in ASCII format. I say "normally contains" because it's up to the WLC configuration whether or not the SSID is contained there. By default I think it's the AP's Ethernet MAC address. But you need to tell the WLC to include the SSID name into the Called-Station-Id.  Then you can use that in your ISE policies.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card