cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Prime to find APs connected at 100 Mbps

eekman
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 3000 APs connected to 10 WLCs, and they are all connected to Prime 3.5. I would like to find all APs currently connected at 100 Mbps speed, but I can't find that information in Prime. If I create a report of the AP inventory that information is not included. The information is available in the controller, but not easily exportable.

It is possible to find this information in Prime?

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The way I have done this is to create a port group. The requirement is that you can key off a description that is specified on the switchport. The requirements is also to have the switches on PI. If you meet all the requirements, then you go to the ‘Preview’ tab and view the connected speed. If you have PI 3.5 Pro, you can also run a complex compliance check in which PI would be able to run compliance to determine what ports are 100Mbps from any port that has CDP neighbors.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

As it happens, I asked the same a long time ago and Scotts answer was (directly on the WLC):

show ap stats ethernet summary 

Source: https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/show-ap-lan-interface-speed/td-p/2473982

And if you only want to see the 100 Mbps connected ones:

grep exclude 1000|DOWN "show ap stats ethernet summary"

I know this is not Prime, but I think you are also very fast using SSH.

You can also run this command in the PI templates and export the output to csv or pdf.
Configuration / Templates / Features & Technologies / Controller / CLI
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card