Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User permission in Prime Infrastructure 2.1

Hi,

I got a request saying that our support team want to be able to monitor and reboot access points. The monitor part looks to be doable by giving them view access in Prime. But is it possible to give them permissions to reboot access point without the ability to configure the AP?

Regards,

Philip

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Noor Shukri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Philip,

I would say yes and no.

No, not from the prime in a direct way (or at least, I am not aware of anything like this so far)

Yes, if you are using other methods ... What I mean, if you are powering the APs using PoE .. give them access to the shut/ no shut commands for the switch (using AAA authentication and authorization)  .. you can think about a trick like this.

You can have more powerful authorization if you go to the device directly, instead of managing device in between such as the prime.

Cheers,

Nour

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Noor Shukri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Philip,

I would say yes and no.

No, not from the prime in a direct way (or at least, I am not aware of anything like this so far)

Yes, if you are using other methods ... What I mean, if you are powering the APs using PoE .. give them access to the shut/ no shut commands for the switch (using AAA authentication and authorization)  .. you can think about a trick like this.

You can have more powerful authorization if you go to the device directly, instead of managing device in between such as the prime.

Cheers,

Nour

That is my conclusion too. Thank you for confirming that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: