cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users are facing dropping issue in guest network

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team Plz help me to resolve the issue . Users are facing some dropping issue 5 to 6 times in 2 hours period. I checked the ap for interference was 78 % for 2.4ghz, Plz suggests me how to resolve it.

59 Replies 59

is there any software which I can use on remote laptop at the site to check what is going on wifi network or which ap has problem or what is interference.  Like a survey .

i turn off 2.4ghz band at the site , now i got this please check screen shots and suggest me what is this and what i check. 

Team everything is working fine good snr good health but afte changing 5ghz band only guest user are facing issue.

Team still I m facing issue . I turn off 2.4 but user are seeing any yellow symbols with some ssid. Actually this is central wlc and aps are in flex connect. I check rssi value as well which is between -57 To- 67.

But there are 2 aps where users are facing more issue.plz help

I tried for one ap but now on user laptop they are seeing guest ssid with yellow sign . What to do

@jain.manish94 wrote:

I tried for one ap but now on user laptop they are seeing guest ssid with yellow sign . 

Do you know what is the MAC address of this laptop?  Post the complete output to the command "sh client details <MAC ADDRESS>". 

Team all 6 Ap are in channel 1. Now how to decide which should be in 1 6 11. Or can we change without permission it is usa site.

I did but now guest users are facing issue why.?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you tell us if this happens with any of your other SSID’s?  You need to help break down what you think might be the issue by providing more information.  If it’s guest only, then you have an issue with your SSID config.  Post your show wlan <wlan id> so we can look at it. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

But aps are in flex connect mode.

@jain.manish94 wrote:

Try turning off the 2.4 Ghz and see if it improve things.

@jain.manish94 wrote:

Even with the APs in Flexconnect mode you can disable 2.4GHz and run 5GHz only. Try turning off 2.4GHz and see how it goes.

Also make sure you have kept the number of SSIDs down.

Read up on how too many overlapping channels and SSIDs can cause the channel utilisation to be come fully used without client traffic:

http://www.revolutionwifi.net/revolutionwifi/p/ssid-overhead-calculator.html

If the channel utilisation is constant above 70% then I would be looking to move to 5 GHz.

If you AP is at power level 1 if the AP is set auto and you have more than one AP in the area, you will need to look at the coverage of the site.

Easiest way without getting someone in to conduct a site survey and spectrum analysis to resolve this is turn off the 2.4Ghz and just use 5GHz which is where the best practice to use is.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

You have the same issue with other SSID’s?

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card