cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users are facing dropping issue in guest network

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team Plz help me to resolve the issue . Users are facing some dropping issue 5 to 6 times in 2 hours period. I checked the ap for interference was 78 % for 2.4ghz, Plz suggests me how to resolve it.

59 Replies 59

Find an AP with large amount of guest dropping out and then change that.  Make sure your wireless device is connected to that AP as well so you can verify that it's actually happening.

How to find it because I am not on site . I am supporting to user from remote. Any command which can help 

@jain.manish94 wrote:

Team all 6 Ap are in channel 1. Now how to decide which should be in 1 6 11.

Good grief!

This is 2.4 Ghz!  How is anyone going to determine if 5.0 Ghz is the solution if no one is going to turn off 2.4 Ghz even for testing?  

So what other information is being held back?

I think the issue is just poor density. TX of 1 and all channels are on 1... you need to have your environment survey’d to determine proper AP/antenna placement. Your 5GHz must be even worse.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Any command if we can check near by ap of particular one ap so that I can change tx power manually from remotely 

Here is the command:

show ap auto-rf 802.11b
show ap auto-rf 802.11a
-Scott

By these command if I found that near aps are also with same channel. Can I change the channel manually in running production

If you change the channels, the clients on the ap will drop. Make sure you have a plan and know what channels you want on what ap, then schedule your change. The big question is, what is the RSSI you see. Why don’t you post the output so we can provide better feedback.
-Scott

Ok i share some clients rssi value today. 

If u change 1 6 11 respectively then ?

Because in 2.4 ghz they are showing channel 1

It’s not client rssi but the output from the command so we can see how the one AP hears the others.
-Scott

Team Plz help me after changing band of one ap into 5ghz . Mobile user are not connecting with guest ssid.

Rssi value is -56 -62 like this

I run this below command

Show ap auto-rf 802.11b

AP 00:13:5f:56:e0:90 slot 0..................  -88 dBm on  11 (10.252.1.4)

AP 00:13:5f:57:00:70 slot 0..................  -79 dBm on   1 (10.252.1.4)

What does means of -88 and -79 ?

That is the signal that AP hears from the nearby aps. Seems to be pretty sparsely deployed. Closer to zero “0” the stronger the signal.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: