cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using WLC Local Authentication

dhopper82
Level 1
Level 1

I have created an SSID that I am planning to use WPA2-AES on.  This SSID will be for specific people who have company approved mobile devices (IPAD,  IPHONE, etc..).  The best way I can think to control that is to assign these users usernames created on the WLC.  First I believe I know where to create them (AAA/LOCAL NET USERS) but I need a little help past that. 1) Would I setup local authentication on the WLAN?  2)  Can I use WPA2 if I'm planning on doing this?  3)  If this is possible is there a good document showing how to do it?

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are multiple ways to get this up and running..

#1>> Using Local Net users

=======================

Here is the steps.

Configure the WLAN and map this with Corresponding Dynamic interface..

Controller >> WLAN >> New (Fill up the details)>> WLAN Edit page >> APPLY.

Configure local net users..

Security >> Local net users >> New >> Enter the Username and password >> Map this with the WLAN >> Apply.

U will done!!

#2>> Using MAC filtering

=====================

Here is the steps.

Configure the WLAN and map this with Corresponding Dynamic interface..

Controller >> WLAN >> New (Fill up the details)>> WLAN Edit page >> APPLY.

Configure the MAC filter

Security >> MAc filtertering >> New >> Provide the MAC address >> MAp it to WLAN >> Map it to Dynamic interface >> Apply.

U wil be done!!

Let me know how this works out for you!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use Local EAP on the WLC and the user DB will be locally specified on the store you mentioned, the local DB.

Here is what you are looking for

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008093f1b9.shtml

Ignore the certificate part and the ldap part, just go for

wpa2 . aes . key-management 802.1x . choose the local eap profile on the ssid . point the wlc to itself (management int ip address) as a radius server on the ssid. you should be done.

Good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card