I have ISE 3315k9 1.2, WLC, catalyst 2960 and PI 1.2
I use prime to monitor all user connected on the network (wired and wireless)
For wireless user, there is no problem, I can see posture, vlan, ACL, IP adress, user name ...
But I am unable to view information on wired user
Why I connot view wired user ?
How can I fix it ?
Thanks in advance
In order for Prime Infrastructure to classify data as coming from wired devices, you must configure your NAM on the same switch to which your controller is connected. The NAM needs to view the same traffic the controller is viewing
Hi and thanks for your answer
What is the NAM ?
Do I need to use rw community when adding the device or ro comunity can be OK ?
Cisco Prime™ Network Analysis Module (NAM) empowers network administrators with multifaceted visibility to help optimize network resources, troubleshoot performance issues, and deliver consistent end-user experience. The Cisco Prime NAM portfolio includes form-factor choices that can be deployed to meet diverse performance analysis needs specific to remote sites, campus, data center, and cloud. With Cisco Prime NAM, you can:
• Characterize application performance and usage of network resources
• Extend visibility into overlay technologies and virtual machine (VM) networks
• Accelerate problem resolution with quick access to critical network information
• Validate use of control and optimization mechanisms and measure the impact
of operational changes such as server consolidation, VM migration, and WAN
• Extract performance and usage analytics in real time with REST/XML API
As you said, it means I need SPAN configuration in the SW which connect directly to Wireless Controller, then push that traffic to one SPAN port in vNAM?
We use vNAM in this case.