Helpful
Replies

View ISE user log information on PI

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have ISE 3315k9 1.2, WLC, catalyst 2960 and PI 1.2

I use prime to monitor all user connected on the network (wired and wireless)

For wireless user, there is no problem, I can see posture, vlan, ACL, IP adress, user name ...

But I am unable to view information on wired user

Why I connot view wired user ?

How can I fix it ?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

In order for Prime Infrastructure to classify data as coming from wired devices, you must configure your NAM on the same switch to which your controller is connected. The NAM needs to view the same traffic the controller is viewing

Hi and thanks for your answer

What is the NAM ?

Do I need to use rw community when adding the device or ro comunity can be OK ?

Please advise

Cisco Prime™ Network Analysis Module (NAM) empowers network administrators with multifaceted visibility to help optimize network resources, troubleshoot performance issues, and deliver consistent end-user experience. The Cisco Prime NAM portfolio includes form-factor choices that can be deployed to meet diverse performance analysis needs specific to remote sites, campus, data center, and cloud. With Cisco Prime NAM, you can:
•     Characterize application performance and usage of network resources
•     Extend visibility into overlay technologies and virtual machine (VM) networks
•     Accelerate problem resolution with quick access to critical network information
(Figure 1)
•     Validate use of control and optimization mechanisms and measure the impact
of operational changes such as server consolidation, VM migration, and WAN
optimization
•     Extract performance and usage analytics in real time with REST/XML API

Hi nkumarsr,

As you said, it means I need SPAN configuration in the SW which connect directly to Wireless Controller, then push that traffic to one SPAN port in vNAM?

We use vNAM in this case.

Please advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card