Views
Helpful
Replies

Warning by NAC when a new Pcs connecte to the network

huyen01thpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a NAC is configured to authenticate users through the NAC by local BD and just use vlan mapping mac-address filter list.

I  would like to control new Pcs connection to the network ; when a new  mac-address -- PC ,laptop or any other mac based device is connected ,  then The NAC Monitoring should be make an alert or a warning to the " Network admin ". Thereby the Network Admin is more active in monitoring whole network.

Any good solutions, suggestions are many appriciations from my heart!!!

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

if you are into the mac address monitoring I think the NAC profiler is made for you.

It can recognize hundreds of kind of devices from their behavior (DHCP, ARP, ...) and it classifies any device you plug on the network. You can even make custom rules if you have very specific products.

So you can determine "Cisco 9971 phones will go to this vlan" and any 9971 phone you bring in the future will be added in the NAC list.

It can also do this "monitoring" you are talking about, you can put any new mac address in a special category. And from there Profiler shows you its location and current behavior (what profiler thinks it is).

Nicolas

====

Please rate answers that you find useful

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card