cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0.164.3

Computime SCC
Level 1
Level 1

When using autonimous AP migration template it fails to load image...when using WCS server as TFTP server  - all works fine when I use an external tftp like my pc... checked all settings / paths on WCS - all seems fine ...

Also WCS managed to backup WLC config using tftp - all ok

any ideas  pls ?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

The TFTP server that is used is dependant on the use of "Manual or Automatic" config

Upgrading Autonomous Access Points

You can choose to upgrade the autonomous access points manually or automatically. From the Migration Analysis page, you can select the access point with the software version listed as failed and choose Upgrade Firmware (Manual or Automatic) from the Select a command drop-down list. This process upgrades the autonomous firmware image of the Cisco IOS access point to a supported version.

WCS uses a Telnet-based connection to upgrade the access point firmware. If you choose the automatic option, the internal TFTP server is used with the default images present in WCS. The default images as per device type are as follows:

ā€¢ap801-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar

ā€¢c1100-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA5.tar

ā€¢c1130-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA5.tar

ā€¢c1200-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA5.tar

ā€¢c1240-k9w7-tar.12307.JA5.tar

ā€¢c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar

ā€¢c1310-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA5.tar

If you choose the manual option, an additional screen with TFTP server IP, file path, and file path name appears. The final page is the report page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0apcfg.html#wp1098114

Cheers!

Rob

Hi thanks for your reply

I am trying to migrate from autonimous to Lightweight (LAP) using c1310-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2.tar (Lightweight) image stored on the TFTP folder on the WCS, according to WCS 7 manual this is done using the 'Autonimous AP migration template' and not the upgrade option that you are refering to.. maybe I was not so clear in my initial post -sorry.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager ā€“ Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card