Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS alarm for guest tunnel down

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to configure alarm in WCS when the guest anchor tunnel goes down ? I dont see any alarms/messages in WCS if the guest tunnel between internal controller and guest controllers flaps or goes down.

Also, if i dont connect all 8 ports of the wlc5508 ports, i am getting the port down alarm constantly. but since i am using only 4 ports of the 5508, this is a false alarm for me. any way to disable or set threshold for port down alarm ?

regards

Joe

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be able to see these. I know on the wlc, you will see an event log staring that the mobility path is down.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

hi Scott,

Nope, it doesnt come in the WCS. it does show in the trap logs in WLC about mobility path being down. but there is no such alarm category in WCS unfortunately which i see as a big disadvantage cos i am not able to track when the tunnels go down (even though wlc being up)  and get an alert for that.

Any way to achieve this ?

regards

Joe

I don't know if it's not part of the alarms in WCS. You can always use syslog to timestamp that. I will take a look at my WCS later to see.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

Any update on this pls ?

regards

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card