Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Client Views

Joe Della Valle
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We need some directions, we have a old WCS 5500 controller which is on it's way to being replace with ISE, but for now we need to pull some information from the current system. 

We are looking for a detail view of what devices are connected to a particular access point, something that shows the pc name or mobile device name. I am near positive I've seen the view before in the past, but just can't remember where to find it?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated..

3 Replies 3

Hi Joe,

You can go to 5508 WLC "Monitor -> Clients -> Change Filter" and give your AP name to monitor client details associate to it

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Rasika

I see that view, but what I am looking for is a view when I click on the access point that shows me the computer of mobile device name?

When I change the filter to the AP name, I see all the user names attached to it, but specifically I want to see the device name.

Is there a why to filter to the device name?

Problem is, the WLC doesn't know the computer name (unless you use it for authentication).
What you can do, get the list of IP addresses assigned to the AP and then nslookup each one. If you have allowed "Register Hostname in DNS" on your DNS/DHCP server, you should be able to get all names.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card