cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Report limits

ucnetworker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have been running WCS 7.0.164.0 for the last 6 months, I was just ask by one of my managers to get a report of device types, so I though excellent I get to use the reporting functionality, I start to generate a Client Summary report, and set the dates to the last 6 months, and then click run and get a 10000 records limit, so I change it to 12 weeks and get the same error, then 8 and 4 weeks and the same error, so the most I can do is 2 weeks. So my question is is there a way to remove the limit or connect to the database externally, so I can get the data that i am after?

3 Replies 3

shasanain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm not sure if you will read this post but we are facing the same issue. The report is generated successfully as long as the number of entries in is less than 10,000.

However, once the number of entries in the table exceeds 10,000 the error message is displayed and the report creation fails.

Can you update me please on the status of this? Did you find a solution?

Just in case anybody of the respected contributors sees this post, please update on this. Is it a limitation with WCS and hence we should go for an additional WCS server and add a navigator? Or is it just a software bug?

No I have not heard a thing from any one. Hoever I did find that if you schedule a report to run you can get a csv with the data but then it means it is up to you to put together the report. so import to excel and such to get it in a meaningful format.

Other than that I have had to limit my reports to 2 weeks at the most.. which in the end is useless.

Thanks for the quick update. Actually this is a releife for me because all I care about is getting the CSV file out of the server.

Regarding the response from the experts, I am not surprised to hear that no one updated you. Almost all of my posts have 0 replies. I believe they want to force us to deal with TAC.

Thanks again for the update, I suggest you mark it as an answer... so you answered yourself eventually :-)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card