Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS upgrade help

ssaluga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Yesterday I upgraded WCS from 5.2.130 to 6.0.132 and now the WCS "home page" will not load. I've attached a screen shot of the error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can not downgrade, or you will loose your data.

You have in my opinion a configuration issue or a browser issue with the IE 8. Perhaps you can play with the settings to remove those messages.

WCS was not tested with IE 8 and not supported, perhaps try to tweak the settings in IE 8 to get it to work or convey to your management that IE 7 is needed.

I guess we can mark this resolved.

On a positive note: WCS does load and work, it's a browser issue here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

This is most likely a browser issue you are having.

Can you try using firefox?

Unfortunately no. We're restricted on the browsers we can use. I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18813. I've also updated to the latest Java and Flash Player versions.

Thanks,

Scott

IE 8 is not supported.

The Cisco WCS user interface requires Internet Explorer 7.0 with the Flash plugin or Mozilla Firefox 3.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN6_0.html

That's odd that IE8 is not supported. WCS 5.2 tree worked just fine with IE8. I'm not sure what I need to do at this point then since I can't install FireFox and I can't downgrade from IE 8. I really do not want to downgrade from WCS 6.0 becuase, in my expierence, downgrades don't always go that well.

Thanks for your input lavramov, it is much appreciated.

You can not downgrade, or you will loose your data.

You have in my opinion a configuration issue or a browser issue with the IE 8. Perhaps you can play with the settings to remove those messages.

WCS was not tested with IE 8 and not supported, perhaps try to tweak the settings in IE 8 to get it to work or convey to your management that IE 7 is needed.

I guess we can mark this resolved.

On a positive note: WCS does load and work, it's a browser issue here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card