cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Wireless Rogue AP Detection for WIRED AP's

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

All Ethernet switches have been recorded correctly into WCS but while tracing a "rogue AP" the wired trace fails, has anyone got this feature to work? Is so what conditions need to be met? I.E Does the rouge need to have associated clients, does the rouge AP need a valid IP address.

The WCS looks like it's working while taksed with the wired trace but ends with a fail.

Using standard switch port config Cisco PNAC : dot1x pae authenticator (multi-domain), MAB, WEB-AUTH

Cheers

Jay

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

is your RLDP protocol enabled on the WLCs ? It makes your APs locate the wired rogues.

You also need the rogue AP to be open SSID, if it's encrypted you can connect to it to see where it is located on your wired network ...

Nicolas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

is your RLDP protocol enabled on the WLCs ? It makes your APs locate the wired rogues.

You also need the rogue AP to be open SSID, if it's encrypted you can connect to it to see where it is located on your wired network ...

Nicolas

Nicolas,

many thanks for your responce, could you tell me how to enable the RLDP protocol, also do I need any AP's to be in monitor mode?

Jay

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card