cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS & AAA Accounting

cmorrissey
Level 1
Level 1

I don't understand how AAA accounting is supposed to work if using WDS/WLCCP. I want to generate accounting records for start/stop.

When WDS is configured should only the WDS generate/forward the AAA records since it is processing the authentication request? If so does anyone have a configuration example? If not then each AP needs a radius accounting server configured?

Thank you for any insight!

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

In a WDS environment, all RADIUS messaging originates at the WDS, not at the member AP's. The policies configured at the AAA server for the member AP's (Infrastructure, WLSE) and clients (Clients) will be assigned via appropriate RADIUS attributes upon successful authentication.

Infrastructure AP's authenticate to WDS using RADIUS session timer configured under session timeout in ACS (RADIUS IETF 027-global or Cisco Aironet session timeout- Group or User) This parameter is set in units of seconds in ACS application.

mbubani
Level 1
Level 1

I've the same problem. Did you solved it? What is the right AP (WDS master and client) configuration?

Thanks in advance

marco

Not really. I have it working now but not pretty - had to load the AAA accounting servers on every AP (not just the WDSs). AAA authentication works fine via WDS, but I could only get accounting working via each individual AP.

Thanks for the reply!!!

In this way did you define every AP as AAA Client on Cisco ACS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: