cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Based Registration for Guest Wireless Access

JASON SIMMONS
Level 2
Level 2

I just started a project to make a guest wireless network available at every site in my enterprise.  Guest wireless networks are currently available at some sites.  Two key goals of this project is to enable WPA/WPA2 encryption and to develop a web based registration/autentication solution.  All of the sites have a mixture of 1230, 1240, and 1250 autonomous access points.  What do I need to do/get in order to make this happen?

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should get a WLC and upgrade the 1240 and 1250 and replace the 1230's if they are in remote sites.

The WLC has a Webauth feature that is great. You can define users on the WLC also if you wish.

Guest access should always be open authentication with the use of a Webauth page. This makes it easy and you won't have to help manage guest access. Autonomous ap's and to have a splash page will require a 3rd party software or you can use a Cisco NAC guest server.

Search for Cisco Wireless Guest Access or Webauth and you will see many docs on this type of setup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It's still possible to use a wpa/wpa2 preshared key with the WLC webauth though ;-)

That is true, but better have some staff ready to support those "GUEST" users:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card