Views
Helpful
Replies

webauth bundle from WLC

ali.atef
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to collect the name and mobile number from everyone connected wifi. so where can I get this data in WLC? 

can I get this data by excel sheet ? or notepad? 

thank You.

7 Replies 7

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Mobile number?
Do you require them to input this as a username or password in the webauth?
If yes, to you authenticate it locally or externally?

yes, I need from each one put his information. when needed to connect wifi on the customer service area.

Thanks,

Ok, that looks like a customized portal.
The question is now, do you also log that to somewhere? By default those fields don't get logged. You have to check the source code of your customized portal.

so, I need the Database table to make a report from this data collected. from where can I get DB? must be set up server such as Redis server?

thank you  

Yes, or at least a log server where you log that information to.
If you really need all such information, then I suggest you look into a different guest portal solution. There are even Cloud based ones, which offer many features are manuals on how to integrate with a Cisco WLC. (Search for: captive-portal cisco wlc)

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As far as I know the only options for captive portal hosted on the WLC are:

Accept terms and conditions or enter a username and password to authenticate

There is no ability to capture additional information for marketing use or database captures. For this you would need an external captive portal like Cisco ISE or CMX to provide the page and capture the information you require.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: