cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wildcard Certificate accepted by Wireless Lan Controller?

holgerseiler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a hopefully short question. I have 3 WLC 5508 and a NAC guest server. We want to download a wildcard certificate after a few seconds at the download of this certificate I got the failure message download failed.

Accept the WLC wildcard certificates or must I generate a SAN (Subject Alternative Name) Certificate.

Every help is welcome.

Thanks and kind regards

Holger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's actually not in any document. But you're right and it should be.

I just filed a documentation bug to have the type of certificates supported clearly documented on cisco.com

Nicolas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Wildcard certificates are supported.

However, it seems there is still a problem with wildcards certificates if they are chained :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy88149

But I never tested that situation myself.

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the support. Could you give me a note in which document I will find which certificates are supported at WLC.

Thanks for the Bug-ID,too. I think we have another issue, because I got a failure from the WLC at the download. I think it is possible that the certificate is damaged.

Holger

It's actually not in any document. But you're right and it should be.

I just filed a documentation bug to have the type of certificates supported clearly documented on cisco.com

Nicolas

Thank you very much

Holger

Hi guys,

I'm also looking to use a wildcard cert for this purpose.  I just checked your bug-id and its seems it's been closed with a workaround of not using wildcard certs.  I'm not sure if this is specific to that version, so I was wondering if you guys know if wildcards are supported in v7.0?

Regards

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: