cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 4400 Controller

TRACY HARTMANN
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 4400 Controller and a administrator asked if we could use the scheduling tool.  Basically to resetup a user account every week since there is a timeout feature on the account.  I guess another soultion would be if we could give that one account longer access.

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tracy

You should probably move this post to the Wireless forums where you are more likely to get the help you need.

Jon

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your better off just adjusting the timer longer. Don't think scheduling will allow you to reset the user credentials.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am reading through the Cisco Deployment Guide : Cisco Guest Access using the Cisco Wireless Lan Controller.  There is a feature in this document called Schedule WCS Guest User Account.  This is the feature I seem to be missing on my controller.  Not sure if I am looking in the wrong place or the 4400 needs to be upgraded.  Does anyone else use this feature?

Many people use the guest feature, but typically my customers have someone create individual accounts or they have a generic that they change every week or month.  They just create a regular local net user and not a guest user.  This way they can have the account valid until they change it.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

The latest v7.0 should be the code you should be on:

AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-240-0.aes

You also need the ER imagae.

AIR-WLC4400-K9-7-0-240-0-ER.aes

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279911193&flowid=7586&softwareid=280926587&release=7.0.240.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card