cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP 1260 issue

thembsmoyo26
Level 1
Level 1

We are having challenges with our new access points Cisco 1260, it drops connections after a couple of minutes I get the following errors

"Two TKIP Michael MIC failures were detected within 30 seconds on Dot11Radio0 interface. The interface will be put on MIC failure hold state for next 60 seconds."

"Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station Reason: Invalid MIC

21 Replies 21

these are the messages being generated after disabling TKIP MIC holdoff time

Received TKIP Michael MIC failure report from the station  0024.d75a.9d58 on the packet (TSC=0x0) encrypted and protected by group key. 

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station  0024.d740.8fe8 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

what do mean by what code is on 1260

well

what about this

CSCti75313     Clients get TKIP MIC from AP3500/1260/3600 due to Raw 802.3 packets

try

switchport mode access  
switchport nonegotiate

on the AP radio configuration mode:

countermeasure tkip hold-time 0

------------------------------------------------

Please Make sure to rate correct answers

Cant configure switchport mode access on a AP, countermeasures tkip holdtime is set to 0 already

changed encryption mode to AES-CCM and users are connected and no connections are being dropped, the problem is this is contradicting company global standards on Wireless AP, we have other access point which are working fine with TKIP encryption

please assist in solving this problem without changing encryption mode

what type of NIC is having this issue? is it on the latest drivers avaialble?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

johhoch01
Level 1
Level 1

I had this very same problem on two Cisco 1262n access points. The Cisco 1242AG access points did NOT have this issue. I upgraded the IOS from ver. 12.4(25d)JA1 to ver. 15.2(2)JB and my problem went away.

I upgraded the ios to 15.2(2)JB and the AP worked fine and the users connected and no connections were dropped, the problem after a couple of minutes I couldn’t connect to the AP using the web browser and when I tried to ping the AP address it timeout, tried to reboot and nothing changed I couldn’t log onto it using the web browser and users where now failing to authenticate, I tried  to log on using the console cable and all setting were still in place changed the AP's ip address, soon after that I was able to ping the new configured ip address and I was able to connect using the web interface and users were able to connect, when I updated the AP's ip address on the radius server, I started to have problems I wasn’t able to connect to the AP using the web interface and also couldn’t ping it, reboot AP and still couldn’t log on to it and users failed to connect as they were getting authentication failures.

please can you assist

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card