cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless authentication

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question, it is possible to wireless mac address authentication and then asks him a password ?

2 Replies 2

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

hi PCFREAK49 (Why do I think I know u??? anyways...)

If you are using automous access points, it is not possible to use mac authentntication with WPA... However  ther eis a association filter option that you can use with WPA.. (check the configuration guide )

Check this FAQ:

Q. Why does MAC authentication not work with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) in Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(8)JA2?

A. The only level of security for MAC authentication is to  check the MAC address of the client against a list of permitted MAC  addresses. This is considered very weak. In earlier Cisco IOS Software  releases, you could configure MAC authentication and WPA to encrypt the  information. But because WPA itself has a MAC address that checks, Cisco  decided not to allow this type of configuration in later Cisco IOS  Software releases and decided only to improve security features.

If you use ausing  WLC

Then you can configurationn WPA +MAC filter... that should do it..

( again... if needed check the wireless lancontroller configurationn guide that matches your WLC software version)

ok thanks I will look back on I can configure WLC

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card