cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Barcode Scanners Getting Disconnected Randomly

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team,  users are disconnecting between when they are using barcode scanners . first I did changes band 5ghz but feedback was very bad. Then I set 2.4g still they are facing issue . What to do now.

22 Replies 22

I told them to upgrade firmware, but they told it is already done

As someone else said, do a site survey or open a TAC Case. However, you can take a look on this post to have an idea of "barcode scanner" issues and what other people have done.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/warehouse-wireless-issues-using-wlc-5520-2-4ghz-11b-on-2802e/m-p/3793614#M99352

Can I do site survey from remote location by using any tools plz let me know how can I do what is the process if I take one laptop through mstsc.  Plz let me know.

To conduct a site survey you need to physically be on the site.

You need specialized site survey software like Ekahau Site Survey to conduct it properly.

Due to the cost of site survey software it might be cheaper to engage a VAR to do the survey for you and produce a report and recommendations

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Can rogue aps can be issue in our network if using same channel which I can see on wlc

Depends on how much utilization it’s causing.
-Scott

How To check it ?

You need specialized tools like a spectrum analyzer to really understand if there is an impact and how much. Seems like this issue has been going on for a while. If you don’t have the tools, it’s better to hire experts to come in and look at your environment.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card