Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Control System Error Msgs.

Manesh Rajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with Wireless Control System (WCS v7)  WCS-STANDARD-K9 and installed with WCS-PLUS-100 (installed two licenses) so total licensed installed is for 200 Acesspoint's in WCS. I have 149 AP's connected to WCS and its shows error " System is in voilation of license. The number of APs (149) registered is greater than licensed (0). Please go to the license center under the Administation Menu to add additional WCS licenses.

What would be the reason for this error,? Thanks

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you go to the license center in WCS, do you see a total of 200 AP support. You need to make sure you have a base license before you add additional plus license. I had an issue before, where I added a whole bunch of plus license after I installed a 250 base. I had 400+ APs and ran into the same issue but I had 250 base. Well I forgot to add the other 250 base so I had to remove all the plus license before I could add the other 250 base. Then I had to add all those plus license after that. The license center will tell you exactly how many APs it will support. From what you posted, it looks like you have 0.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card