Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller -- Monitoring Dashboard

The Main Dashboard, Introduced in WLC Release 8.1 . Can be very helpful; even used for reports better than the ones in Prime Infrastructure BUT .......

Where is the definition of the values, intervals, and sampling ????

Network Summary

--- TOP WLANs -- USAGE ( What is the interval last 3 , 6, 12 , 24 hours ???? )

--- Applications BY USAGE ( What is the interval last 3 , 6, 12 , 24 hours ???? )

Access Points 
--  USAGE  ( What is the interval last 3 , 6, 12 , 24 hours ???? )

-- Throughput  (how is it calculated ???? )

Clients

--  USAGE  (volume) ( What is the interval last 3 , 6, 12 , 24 hours ???? )

AP Performance

--  CLIENT LOAD -- TOP APs  ???

Client Performance

-- Client Failure Reasons (Since when ?????)

Can anyone provide this answers , or a Reference Document ?

11 Replies 11

I do not think you have flexibility to do that sort of time based view from WLC. It is real time snapshot.

Pls check below video to learn more about those dashboards 

http://bit.ly/1PDZFK5

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

My question is not having that flexibility sorry

I want to know the data of the Volumes to what correspond.  It has no sense to report MBytes or Gigabytes Volumes (Traffic , applications)  if wr don't know the interval for that volume.

I think it must be documented. If not it has not any utility at all

Don't you agree ?

The "duration" of the data on the Dashboard is the uptime of the controller.

How do you know that?  is there any document about details for Monitoring dashboard?

Do you know if the start time for the counter can be reset?

If not I think these counters are useless. most of the controllers I work with are up for months if not years .....

What options does one have to have the data from Monitoring Dashboard displayed through CLI?

What is the data you are expecting from the monitoring page ?

Hope below commands will help you.

• show sysinfo --> it will help to display the Controller summary data from the WLC.
  • show traplog --> it will help to display the most recent traps on the WLC.
  • show avc statistics top-apps upstream/downstream --> it will help to display the top application.
  • show client summary --> it will help to display the client summary like it connected to Which AP, Protocol, authentication status, WLAN ID and role.
Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran, thank your for the rapid reply!

Vi are familiar with show avc statistics top-apps upstream/downstream which satisfies our need for top applications.

We would however like to pull data from the CLIENTS view in NETWORK SUMMARY

- Client Identity

- Device Type

- Usage

- Throughput

Pulling data via Excel unfortunately doesn't fit our needs.

No commands to get all the client with Single command. If you use the command show client detail <MAC Address> and show client stats <MAC Address> you can get the client details.

Do you have Cisco Prime installed on your environment? If so you can get the details through that.

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Currently no prime in our productive environment.

Thank you however for your time.

Can you please elaborate a bit with a sample log which you are expecting from CLI . Let me try once if possible.
Regards,

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Like what Rasika has said, the "sampling" of the WLC is real-time. Hence, it's not really a good idea to leave the dashboard open for a long time. If it's not being used, get to the main page because the Dashboard can chew up CPU process.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card