cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Guest Access through 4404, bandwidth limiting.

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

We are currently running a Guest SSID on our network and pumping it out through a DSL line and it's working great. However, as we've expanded our LWAPP conversion and offering the Guest SSID to more area's, my DSL line has become very saturated and we're not in area that can get a bigger pipe. IS there a radius attribute that I can use through ACS that the 4404 controllers will recognize to limit the users bandwidth? In the past when using an opensource solution for guest access (ChiliServ and FreeRadius) I was able to use the WiSPr attributes:

WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down

WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Up

and it worked pretty well. What does one do in this case? I know I can pass Airespace attributes with ACS, but I don't see anything that will minimize bandwidth unless I'm just not understanding the QoS tagging.

22 Replies 22

Thank you. NOW, how do insert this attribute into ACS 4.2 which already has airspace vsa's installed

[026/14179/002] Aire-QoS-Level

[026/14179/003] Aire-DSCP

[026/14179/004] Aire-802.1P-Tag

[026/14179/005] Aire-Interface-Name

[026/14179/006] Aire-Acl-Name

These are the ones I have available. since Airespace is already built into this version ACS how do I go about adding an attribute to it?

Ahh, see that screen shot is exactly what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to get that attribute available. I know the document you gave me showed teh example of installing the airspace vsa, but like I mentioned I already have several just not hat specific one that came pre-built in ACS 4.2? Can I add a single attribute to the list somehow?

Please follow the document i provided earlier to add this attribute.

Thanks,

Jibin

The document you referenced is not the same document that is shown in your screen capture. Please send me a link to the document that you captured from.

Sorry i cant send you that document due to some reasons. Please follow the document i already provided and add the attributes. It will work.

Thank, I shall do my best. I notice that aire-role-name is attribute 11 for airespace attributes, what other attributes are available?

Hello All.

I was concerned about following the document provided and overwriting and potentially messing up my current airespace VSA's so I contacted TAC for extra help. The engineer stated they considered this a bug (CSCsy03746)and sent me a script to add extra attributes for airespace. I've attached a screen shot of those available. I'd highly recommend that anyone interested to contact TAC as this script is only available through them.

Is this patch going to be made publicly available for ACS 4.2 or do I still need to contact TAC? Also with ACS 5.1 the additional attributes shown in the above screen shot are still missing is there a patch available for ACS5.1 to get the additional attributes? TIA

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card