Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless guest ISE 3rd party WLAN controller

Knutsen2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Anyone here that got experience with configuring wirless guest authentication with fortiwlc(Meru) and Cisco ISE ?

If someone have some information or can give me a clue how to proceed with this it would be much appreciated

8 Replies 8

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I don't have any experience with Meru wlc.
However, the steps for 3rd parties are quite the same for every vendor:
- create a new radius dictionary for Meru
- create a network device profile Meru
- create your Meru device and attach the network device profile.
- then create an authorization Profil sending the right radius attributes that meru devices expect for that situation.
For some devices, it's required that the URL redirect is setup locally.
To help you on that, here a link for Aruba (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200270-ISE-2-0-3rd-Party-integration-with-Aruba.html)

You should find a documentation for your wlc talking about all radius attributes needed and what type of attributes (format). You gonna need it to setup the radius dictionary for Meru in ISE.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks Francesco I wil try to set it up some day ;)

TODavies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Did you manage to set this up? I'm looking to do the same.

Thanks

Tim

Hi

Yes, I did it using Cisco ISE 2.2 with DHCP scope.

The goal is that ISE gives IP addresses within a specific scope and it will add itself as dns server. Then it can catch all traffic and send a redirect. 

This is the way I'm doing it and it works very well.

Sending the url redirect to the device, it's sometime a challenge depending on vendor.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I have not been able to test this but i wil let you know when i have tested it out :) Hope you wil do the same :)

frank_wakelin
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked with trying to get MAB and 802.1X authentication working with our legacy Meru controllers (running version 7.x) using ISE2.4.  Could you share some of the configuration around the disctionary/device profile you have configured?

Did you ever find any answers on this topic?

uluguma
Level 1
Level 1

who know when when i change battery after run it shows below 

ÿÿBBBBBBâBÂBBBBþ2BBBBþÿÏÿBBä##bBBòkÿBBBBBB?BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBõBBBBBBBBBBBBÏÙBBBB¯BBBâ¯BBBâÿ¯BBBâʽr?±BBBBòÿ¯BBBâ¯BBBâÅýÿ¯BBBâ¯BBB?ýÿ -¨+^që=,],Õýµ³Ñ¬'?½±­[f]î',¥,¥,U¥¥mR­*r©*±¯¦õìJµ?(© ¬ ($´u¡4$G4$¡(Tl ²ì5sÔÄB K¡?>« ­ûBÄþ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card