cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wism :: Can wism receive parameter from php script?

wanmohdhafiz
Level 1
Level 1

hi there...

my college using WisM (WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9) as wireless controller , Cisco 1130 access point and Cisco Secure ACS 4.X Solution Engine 1113 Appliance as radius server. For username and password, we take it from existing Oracle database.

The problem is the password that store in oracle database is in encrypted format. Base from feedback from database administrator, the encrpytion is done by oracle - application layer and cannot be decrypt back.

To tackle this problem, we decide to use external script in php to verify the username & password...The php script will check directly from oracle database. If the username & password match, it will sent a boolean true (1) to the Wism controller and if the username & password not match, the script will send boolean false(0) to the Wism controller.

My question is, can WiSM module talk to php script? Can it receive boolean parameter from php script?

Pleease advice

Tq

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No.

If there any option to solve this kind of problem?

the Wism does radius/tacacs authentication, end of story (could be LDAP also).

The way you should look at is integrating ACS with the oracle database. But it doesn't tell us what "interface" has your oracle database. It doesn't talk radius I guess, it doesn't either talk ldap ?

If you have a password database that integrates with nothing, I'm not sure how a workaround could be.

How are you authenticating admins on switches and network devices ? Because the wism is just like them, expecting radius accept or reject only.

Nicolas,

Thanks for the tips..Already solve it. Integration is done using Oracle & ACS. Refer to this post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2076133?tstart=0

Thanks for documenting !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card