cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM to WISM2 upgrade?

2pat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, next week I am going to a customer and upgrade his wireless installation. From a WISM / WCS system to a WISM2 / Cisco Prime Infrastructure system. Does anyone have any best practice advice in such scenarios? Exchange the WISM with the WISM2 first or upgrade the WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure first? Or just start over from scratch

Hans Jørgen

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What I would do, is migrate the WiSM to WiSM2 first.  Put the WiSM2 on the same code version as WiSM, and move the AP's.  Run in parallel for a bit just to make sure everything is stable.

Join the WiSM2 to WCS, hopefully the code supports it.  Once you have that done, then use the export command to pull the data out of WCS.  Load up your VM, medium or large no point doing a small, and import the data from WCS.

What I've found is that 1.2 does not have the import availability, so it would be two staged to get from WCS to Prime.  WCS to NCS 1.1, then upgrade 1.1 to 1.2.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

WCS to NCS upgrade is pretty robust if its a single WCS.

It very much depends what  data you want to take from WCS. If its maps you etc you can export maps from WCS to Cisco PI. For all other data the upgrade path is best.

Make sure you got the right IOS version installed for WISM2

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card