Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN 2100 series - Webauthentication Certificate

patrifick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

would anybody be able to adivse how to chance the webauthentication certificte on WLAN 2100 controller. My users are complaining that they need to accept the security certificate before proceeding to the actual authentication?

thanks

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is expected behaviour right.. when ever you visit any HTTPs site  this happens.. so the client will download the cert and proceed  further..

Disable HTTPs on the WLC and see if you face this issue.. i am pretty sure that will resolve..

However here is the step by step procedure to load the new WEBAUTH cert on to the WLC..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00806e367a.shtml

However disabling the HTTPs will be just a wor around..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I guess.. the one that the clients is able to see is the HTTPs redirect security... Can you please issue the below command ans see if that helps..

WLC> config network secureweb disable

This will disable HTTPS on the WLC and the redirect will just use HTTP, however this will disable the HTTPS access to the WLC as well..

is this wat you require?? Please attach the screen shot of what the issue that we are facing..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

I have attached a screenshots of the certificate issue as requested, I didn't run the command yet.

Patrick

This is expected behaviour right.. when ever you visit any HTTPs site  this happens.. so the client will download the cert and proceed  further..

Disable HTTPs on the WLC and see if you face this issue.. i am pretty sure that will resolve..

However here is the step by step procedure to load the new WEBAUTH cert on to the WLC..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00806e367a.shtml

However disabling the HTTPs will be just a wor around..

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

disabling the HTTPS does the trick

Thanks

Patrick

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card