cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4400 series OID for Current Clients

pppyyyppp
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone advise what is the OID for the number of current clients for the WLC 4400 series appliance.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I believe this is what you need:

bsnDot11EssNumberOfMobileStations OBJECT-TYPE

-- FROM AIRESPACE-WIRELESS-MIB

SYNTAX Counter

MAX-ACCESS read-only

STATUS Current

DESCRIPTION "No of Mobile Stations currently associated with the WLAN."

::= { iso(1) org(3) dod(6) internet(1) private(4) enterprises(1) airespace(14179) bsnWireless(2) bsnEss(1) bsnDot11EssTable(1) bsnDot11EssEntry(1) bsnDot11EssNumberOfMobileStations(38) 2 }

Hope this answers your question.

-Joe

I am able to get some numbers back using this OID in an snmpwalk, but is this OID for all wlans, or just one of them?

Can you please show me what the output of your snmpwalk looks like?

Thanks,

-Joe

snmpwalk -c My-community -v 2c a-4402-controller .1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.1.1.1.38.2

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14179.2.1.1.1.38.2 = Counter32: 9

Based on the results of your walk, I would say it's reports all of the instances on that particular controller...and I say this because only one instance is reported. I would think that if you have multiple WLANS on that WLC, you would get multiple instances reported back, so, (maybe, like you) I'm confused by the description in the MIB object where it states:

"No of Mobile Stations currently associated with the WLAN."

which to me looks like "the WLAN" is used in the singular.

At this point, I think the best thing to do would be to open a TAC case with all of this info, and we can get with our developers for confirmation.

Hope this has been somewhat helpful, and please rate these posts.

Thanks,

-Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: